free website stats program O5 Dyna Carbed Cough or sneeze then dies | Harley Davidson Forums

O5 Dyna Carbed Cough or sneeze then dies

My first Harley is embarrasing. When decellerating or idling for a red light the bike sneezes and dies.
At home in the driveway it will idle all day long but it dies at the worst times in traffic.
History, I bought the bike used,had punched out stock slipons. I bought the Harley slash out performace slip ons to quiet it down, it did it with both sets of mufflers
Leaking intake?
Thanks,
Jim

Kind of difficult without suggesting about 122 things to check without knowing more about the bike and the problem and what you are doing when it sneezes.
Just idling, accelerating, blipping the throttle??? Fuel grade, water in the tank etc etc etc etc.

Give us something to go by here.

First off the 89 octane fuel may be part of the problem, try some 93 octane. The 89 is barely gas.

deceleration or accelerating?

Coming off the throttle and gearing down for a stop light. I checked the plugs and this bike is running very lean. No brown at all the electrodes were almost white. More so on the rear cylinder.Is this carb adjustable without swapping jets?

Plugs will almost always be white from the removal of the lead in the fuel. Only color you will get now will be the fuel additives and not used to read plugs.

You can adjust the idle mixture which would help but rejetting would be better especially if you have the stage 1 which you didn't mention. You have to uncap the idle mixture screw to get at it.

Follow the link below to the fuel section for directions on the idle mixture and rejetting.

Back