free website stats program Now I've done it...more money spent! | Harley Davidson Forums

Now I've done it...more money spent!

Cory

So I opted at the purchase of my bike, not to get the lifetime maintenance plan...

Then I look at the prices of regular maintenance a few months later, and again now that the 1k mi service is due... holy crap!

And I looked into doing the work myself, but I really don't want to be bothered with it for now. Work and life is too busy.

Harley really likes me because I got approved for a nice little sum on their HD Credit Card.

They now own my soul for the duration of the payments on the lifetime plan that I'm putting on the card...:cry

they dealer here wanted me to pay 1k to thats why i did it myself
I'm just buying my first bike at the ripe age of 58. I'm considering the lifetime maintenance plan just to get the cost out of the way. But the rascal is expensive. I appreciate any thoughts on the value of the plan.

Not knowing any of your background, and reading that this is your 1st bike, It may benifit you to go with some sort of maintenance plan.
However, if you have any mechanical aptitude, and have done basic maintenance on your vehicles in the past, then you should be able to handle all the basic stuff on your bike.
It is not rocket science. If you have hand tools, and buy the shop manuals, there won't be much in the way of general service that you will not be able to handle.

My 1k service was free also. I guess you never think anything is actually free, but after checking 4 dealerships and buying from the dealer that I did , which was the best price, I did receive a coupon in the mail giving me the first service.

The 1K mile service at my dealer was $219.00 with the synthetic oil. Is this about a normal cost? I figured I would let them do the first one but I will be doing it from here forward.

Cost of 1000 mile service $250.00

Satisfaction of doing it yourself PRICELESS.

I had HD do my 1000 mile service and got it back with the drive belt slopping around with twice the deflection than that specified. Brought it up to the dealer and they looked at me like I had a third eye. Guess who bought a manual?

Not nice guys, Dave can't help who/what he is.

Suppose you were born with a 2' long neck and big head, would we make fun of you?

You bet!:lolrolling

Back