free website stats program Not so good vibrations | Harley Davidson Forums

Not so good vibrations

harley@16

Ever since I put new head pipes and a Gen 4 from Doebeck my bike has had increased vibration and I can't tune it out. The bars shake pretty bad and the front bounces, the engine shakes but only at idle. when I increase rpm it all diminishes with maybe a little extra at about 2200 to 2600rpm. Is there a chance that the compensator could cause this? There is no abnormal noises in the primary or the cam chest or even the topend. The engine sounds good, real smooth. I've been wondering if putting 22K on the bike then doing stage 1 may result in this type of result. There is a problem with the Gen 4 which Matt at Dobeck said is the result of scavenging air into the exhaust causing the o2 senser to cut fuel momentarily on acceleration thus causing a hesitation, so he said to run in the open loop setting (yellow and red zones turned off). This alleviates the hesitation. I re-torqued all the bolts on the system with no change. The bike runs great, lots of power, no clicking, ticking, clacking, etc. A little clunky when shifting into 1 from N but probably a clutch adj. will clear that. No oil use, just normal breather fumes. This started right after the stage 1 upgrade. Motor mount looks good but I don't know if they fail internally. Any ideas what to consider? Khrome Werks Chrome Dual Header System for Touring Models | 307-548 | JP Cycles
This is the pipes I put on with these Klock Werks Super Saver Forward Slash 4P Cycles
slip ons. Right now I have a K&N stock air filter replacement in the stock box with the back cut out. I've ordered an Arlen Ness stage 1 air filter/backing plate. I don't expect that to make much difference on performance.

Check your rear muffler hangers. Make sure they are as close to centre on the bracket as you can get them. If the muffler mount hits the end of the bracket you will get the vibration you are describing. Also lube the rubber mount with a liquid high heat grease or silglyde .

Back