free website stats program not CA legal? | Harley Davidson Forums

not CA legal?

reb3times

So im looking at doing pipes and a high flow air kit on my heritage. I see that the air kit I want isnt legal in CA. Does that mean I cant even drive there without risking fines, or just cant register it there?

Last edited by a moderator:
So im looking at doing pipes and a high flow air kit on my heritage. I see that the air kit I want isnt legal in CA. Does that mean I cant even drive there without risking fines, or just cant register it there?

Motorcycle Aftermarket Parts This may help if not NEWHD or other California members may chime in

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe these rules are if you title the bike in these states...they can't "fence" bikers off w/non-approved after-market parts. Only caution would be to keep the "vroom vroom" down when cruising through these states.

The only one that enforces these issues is the CHP. Normally they don't even bother with these issues unless your pipes are obnoxiously loud. If the state implements smog checks on bikes then you will have to reinstall the stock parts for the state inspection.

Be careful when you ride to Cali they are at the state line waiting for you, then they confiscate you bike if you do not comply........Ok not really.... if you do not live here I would not worry....I have illegal stuff on mine and never had a problem.

Back