free website stats program normal color? - along with question | Harley Davidson Forums

normal color? - along with question

ashenfang

Last night I put on my forward controls, and in the process, you have to take the front cylinder exhaust off to access bolts. When I took the pipe off, I looked into the exhaust port. What is the normal color of the valve, stem, and port? The general color all around on mine was black - sooty, with a light greyish/white color on parts of the valve stem. The only mods I have done to this bike are rush slip ons, still running stock air filter. I plan to get get a DFO in the next couple weeks to add a bit more fuel.

My only other question is after getting the exhaust back on, I started the bike and put my fingers very close to the header clamp to feel for "puffs" to make sure there were no leaks, is that good or is there a better way to make sure your head pipe is seated okay. Thanks again, you guys help us noobs learn alot!

The black color is pretty much normal, nothing to worry about, as far as checking for leaks, you can put on some heavy gloves and cover the outlets. You should be able to stall the motor doing this but you will hear any hissing coming out of any leaks you may have.

thanks hobbit! Send me those pics, or post up a link, I would love to see them! I think I have them sealed up - if it has anything, its very minor, the gasket looked okay being that its a new bike.

Back