free website stats program Noob in Kansas | Harley Davidson Forums

Noob in Kansas

MTLHD

It's just a generally rainy and crappy day in Kansas so I was cruisin' the web doing research on my new to me scoot and stumbled across this site and decided to join.

I started riding in '74 and have been on 2 wheels in way or another ever since. I got into the HD world in '09 with an '06 sporty, went though a couple ironheads(gave one to my oldest son so it's still in the family) and a couple months ago I picked up '92 1200 sporty that I plan on modding the crap out of.

I've held onto a metric bagger for a while since my wife and I enjoy traveling when we can and while she's no stranger to 500+ mile days, she really doesn't enjoy it on the back of a sportster. Well, last Friday that all changed, I got a good offer on the metric from a friend. We took the offer and found ourselves a mint '07 FLHTCU with only 12k on the ticker. We've only had her a couple days but so far it's awesome!

Anywho, got a little long winded there, time to explore the forums some more.

Welcome to a great forum.

I also started in the late 70's on a Honda 125. I now enjoy the heck out of my 07 Heritage, with 48000+ miles after migrating through the sporty class.

I too was a Kansas boy but now am Sooner proud, what part of Kansas are you from?

I'm about an hour north of Manhattan Ks, in the middle of nowhere, lol! We were down in McAllister Ok a while back for a SCRC rally, great riding there!

I have family that lives in Wamego. The ride from there south to Emporia through the flint hills is pretty enjoyable. Originally from Wellington, south of Wichita.

Back