free website stats program non chargng 08 sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

non chargng 08 sportster

Taffyboy

HI all hoping somebody can help with my 08 sportster 883

had the battery light coming on as I was riding
had the battery tested (twice) 100%ok battery only 7 months old
changed the stator for an upgrade (custom chrome)
now when I start the bike it charges but after a mile the battery light comes back on and it stops charging???
I have tested the output from the stator it's showing 40 v ac
I have done a lamp test on the voltage regulator no earth leaks
I'm puzzled
would be really grateful for any advice

Taffyboy

many thanks for the reply did check the regulator in connections but will go and check the regulator out connections now

regards
taffyboy

Were The OLD codes cleared? Not sure IF that could be the problem though?

My 06 sport 1200 Only showed that light com'n on (1) when the Stator went south..... (2) when the V. reg. Was bad...

THEN it came on again After Both were changed (at different times when they were BAD)--------Then the last time it Was the Battery shorting out between the lead internals...

Lots of Recommending to change the V. Reg. out Regardless if good or not when Replacing the stator... Just as a Precaution as V.Reg. Might have been WHY the stator went South...

signed....BUBBIE

Ok . after many test, Problem now seems to be the Voltage Regulator. been looking at a cheap way to get on the road for the summer will an 09 regulator fit my 08 sportster or can i adapt a Volt reg from an older harley or other make come to that matter.

This is frying my brain now :small3d023:

Ok . after many test, Problem now seems to be the Voltage Regulator. been looking at a cheap way to get on the road for the summer will an 09 regulator fit my 08 sportster or can i adapt a Volt reg from an older harley or other make come to that matter.

This is frying my brain now :small3d023:

74546-07A harley part number 07-08 part number o9 and up are different:s

Back