free website stats program No Turn Signals or Brake Light? | Harley Davidson Forums

No Turn Signals or Brake Light?

lionsm53

Banned
Was riding the 09 SG this evening and all of sudden, see a funny little light on the Speedo, and was tryin' to figure it out.

Tried my turn signals and nothin'. Also after I got stopped, noticed I didn't have a brake light... Hmmmm any ideas, other than busted wire, short, or? Looked in the OM and it said "Indicator Lamps".

I do have a head light and the bottom tail light on the fender but no brake light or tail lights or blinkers. Could it be a flasher maybe?
Thanx in advance....

Check fuses first, then check for broken or rubbed thru wires

I found it was a fuse and replaced it. It was the ACC fuse. However, when I turn on the ignition, I still get the code, even though I have turn signals and I do have tail light but no brake light, and when I do hit the brake light it seems to blow the "just replaced fuse", so maybe a chaffed wire somewhere....I'm thinkin'?
Maybe time to take it in to the dealer and let them figure it out....

Maybe check under rear fender for tire hitting wires. It is a very close fit on my bike. Worth taking a look.

should be in the brake wiring if it blows then . did u have seat off pinch a wire putting it back on. ussaully something right in front of u trace the wires back from the tail lite check for anything lokking strange hanging down going around frame , thats what i would do before i took it in

I decided to take it in yesterday. I had a couple of factory recalls to do like the tank, maybe the 402 tire, and the kickstand mod if I'm not mistaken.
My 09 was built in 10/08.

Back