free website stats program No spedo & turn signals on | Harley Davidson Forums

No spedo & turn signals on

a friend called and said that the spedo in a 06 Fatboy doesn't work and the turn signals on one side are on. Any idea's where to start looking?

Do you think that the turn signal module could also effect the speedometer? Where do I find the TSM ? I see the parts book call it Module turn signal canceller and Module security system & turn signal canceller Is this what I need to locate?

Do you think that the turn signal module could also effect the speedometer? Where do I find the TSM ? I see the parts book call it Module turn signal canceller and Module security system & turn signal canceller Is this what I need to locate?

Duno the answer to that one, did you scan it and find any codes or part numbers show up?

Have the bulbs been changed? Are they the correct ones? The TSM should not affect the speedo, I believe the speedo runs from the sensor on top the tranny thru the ECM

I may be way off base but on my 05 RG a low battery caused a bunch of electrical problems. 12.7 volts is what you're looking for and having it load tested might be a good idea.

I am going to check the charging system first. I have also heard that a bad regulator charging system can do the same thing.

I think the TSM/TSSM is mounted on a removable plastic plate between the oil tank and rear fender.
tourbox

Back