free website stats program No spark to plugs | Harley Davidson Forums

No spark to plugs

Old Timer

I was riding my 2002 FLTCUI home yesterday and when I turned into my drive it quit running. I found that I stopped getting spark to the spark plugs. The bike was running fine up until that point. What would cause it to suddenly stop sparking. I tested the fuses that I thought went with the ingnition system and they tested fine. Should I check all fuses or what else should I be looking at. Wrong time to break down as it is just getting nice in Iowa.

Please don't laugh because this was what happened to one of our members a while ago. Is it a right turn into your driveway? Did you bump the RUN switch to the OFF position when you reached for the right turn signal?

I'm betting on the run/stop switch. Not that hard to hit right or left slow turn. Real easy to check too, however no wants to tell about it.

Ok so it was a left turn into my drive. The engine did turn over. And here is the kicker. This morning it started right up. Figure that one out.

I'm having the same problem as we speak...when the bike gets hot I cant start it..no spark..but when it cools down..starts right up. could this be because the coil is overheating,its practicly sitting on top of the valve cover?

Back