free website stats program No one told me it was open season on motorcyclists!!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

No one told me it was open season on motorcyclists!!!!!

Sharky1948

OK, so yesterday I get rear-ended. After taking all manner of destructive tools to my rear fender I was able to ride it over to the dealer for estimates. On the way over some old codger aka cager pulled out from a stop sign requiring a full-hard tire-squealing stop on my part. He just looked at me like it was my fault and waved me past.

For goodness sake bros, I'm a relatively new rider. You have to let me know when open season on motorcyclists is declared!!!!!

Last edited:
I think the deer have also waged war on the bikers as well. Two days before my riding buddy hit his deer, his next door neighbor did the same thing.

Mate;it's ALWAYS open season on bike riders.AND you ALWAYS have to ride

like you're a big round target on two wheels!:newsmile055:

"It's duck season" " No it's wabbit season" "Duck Season" " Wabbit season" Duck Season" " Well just hit all the bikers they mostly ride hogs and they're good eating and plentiful"
Around here you have to drive the cages and ride your sled at the same time!!
Ride safe and ride to live.

I am new motorcyclist too. Had couple accidents pretty close. None of them would have been my fault. My friend who is old biker said to me "Every car you see you have to think that driver have not seen you nor care about you!" That has been very useful advice. Always be prepared to make way to blind, deaf and ignorant car driver! Hope everybody stays safe on the road.

Everytime I come to an intersection I always prepare for the people to pull out in front of me. It has come in handly a few times.

Everytime I come to an intersection I always prepare for the people to pull out in front of me. It has come in handly a few times.

Strangely, I thought I did the same. Clearly in this case I did not have my eyes on the rear view mirrors. In riding (as in my other hobbies, technical scuba diving and flying) complacency kills!

Lesson learned!

Rule Number One - ride like you're invisible.

Rule Number Two - ride like noone likes you.

Rule Number Three - ride like the worst thing that could happen as you approach each situation is about to happen.

Rule Number Four - despite the first three rules, always ride with a big smile on your face. It makes everyone jealous, if they see you that is!

Back