free website stats program No cruise,turn signals,garage door opener,and cel came on | Harley Davidson Forums

No cruise,turn signals,garage door opener,and cel came on

EMGLIDE

Hello all just looking for if anybody has seen this problem,all worked fine yesterday morning,then last night coming home the garage door opener[h-d accessory]would not work. This morning trying to go to work i noticed now that the cruise and the turn signals dont work also.also the cel came on yet bike continued to run fine.have not been able to pull trouble codes yets.just was wondering about possible things to look for when checking out later.also would like to know if a faulty garage door opener module cause this all by its self.

I'm no electrical expert but it seems like when multiple things start cropping up, the first thing you should check is all your ground connections for cleanliness and tightness.

Next question is always - "what's the most recent maintenance or modification that was performed?" Go back and double check everything that was done.

Update:checked and found that accessory fuse was blown,replaced and found that all returned to normal operation.
Accessory fuse controls turn signals,brake lights,cruise control and apparentlythe garage door opener accessory,but it is wired into the headlights and the headlights both hi and low were working ok.will have to keep a watch on and see if it happens again,may have an intermittent problem.

.also the cel came on yet bike continued to run fine.

Don't just walk away from this repair. Extract that check engine light code to see if it all makes sense that blowing a fuse would throw a code. Then clear the code in order to allow you to see if it returns. Right now the code is historical and is somewhat hidden from view but it is still Very important to see what it is. The ECM is trying to tell you something.... It may tell you WHY the fuse blew..

Fuses just don't blow by themselves.

Update#2
well i found the problem after taking bike apart and running down the wires. To make a long story short the problem was that power wire for the rear brake lite switch had come loose,probaly because the plastic tie strap gotten brittle and broke and let the wire touch the exhaust pipe.repaired wire and secured it properly and all working now.
Hope this helps anybody out there.
Still dont know about the cel coming on,went and rode bike and it did not come on.can only assume it was because the pcm was not seeing any brake switch input,i can only assume that h-d pcm works the same way as the cars/trucks i work on in that no brake switch input will turn the cel.
Any thoughts on that idea id like to hear them.
Have a great ride until the snow flies if applicable!!!!

Back