free website stats program No brakes lights with front or rear brake levers | Harley Davidson Forums

No brakes lights with front or rear brake levers

bikerpapaw

I have an 2004 Dyna Wide glide, I have had this since new, I have no brake lights with the front brake lever or with the rear brake lever, I could use all the help I can get on this issue, thank you in advance. Biker Papaw

A little more information would be helpful...did this failure happen suddenly or after work was done to the bike? Check basics...fuse, conditions were the switches are located, front lever switch underneath at near master cylinder, rear switch is in line with master cylinder hose and is a pressure switch. Could also be wire under the fender snagged by the tire or corrosion in socket to actually a bad lamp. Careful inspection is necessary...go to self help section to see a basic wiring diagram. :s

If Brake light not working with either brake i would start at the bulb and work forward from there

Brian

I would go along with Brian's suggestion first, since the bulb is common to both brake systems. May have corrosion on the socket, if the bulb itself is good.

Make sure bulb has 2 filaments and not one then re-install with dielecric grease to make sure good connection.

Check all the wiring inside the rear fender. I've chaffed through those wires with the tire several times. Even plays havoc with the headlight.

Back