free website stats program No brake lights on Street Bob? | Harley Davidson Forums

No brake lights on Street Bob?

Elizondo3

New user here. I recently purchased a 2006 Street Bob. The bike is great. I noticed when I got it home the brake light would not turn with the front lever or the back brake pedal (taillight is illuminated). I thought it might be the Taillight. I ordered a custom chrome blackout taillight, easy plug and play and still nothing. I did a little research online and found out about the brake light switches, but it seems odd that the front and back would go out at the same time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Both switches inop. at the same time is odd. check under the rear fender for loose, broken wire. Hard to get to, but feeling and flashlights help.

One switch probably failed a while back and wasn't noticed due to braking with front and rear. When the second failed, then it was noticed

I know this doesn't make sense with both front and rear inop, but after checking everything else, you could unhook the wires going into the rear brake switch and hold them together to see if its a bad switch. Harleys had a problem with these a few years back. Not sure about the Bob, but touring switches are very easy to get to.

Yes sir. Fuses are all good. All other lights work. will see if I can get under the rear fender and check connections. Thank you everyone

Back