free website stats program Nightster Exhaust's? | Harley Davidson Forums

Nightster Exhaust's?

dakoda003

Hello everyone, My name is Jay and Im a new member & a new Harley owner :D I bought a 2008 Nightster XL1200N yesterday. Although i love the look of the stock pipes i just wish they were black & alot more noisy. I've seen the V&H SS and they look sweet but still think i like the style of the stock pipes. If anyone has any suggestions or any good websites to check out it would be greatly appreciated. Im all for any suggestions & new styles, & if anyone is in the New Jersey Area (im about 15 mins south of Newark Airport) & would like to cruise around the state let me know. Ride on :)

Awesome thanks Hobbit i'll definately look into that. I've also seen alot of them 2 into 1 exhaust pipes is there a major difference between them and the 2 into 2 pipes? if so what are the advantages or disadvantages or is it just personal preference? thanks again i really appreciate the help :D

If you're looking into a black pipe and don't want to get something that everyone else has, I would look into the pipe I got. It's a Supertrapp 2-1 Supermeg and although it can be relatively quite at idle or cruising, it totally rasps when you nail the throttle.

Best way to describe it is that it sounds like a classic muscle car which I think is very cool. I had mine dyno'd with an open end cap at the end of the pipe.

Good_5.jpg

Here is a better pic of the open end cap on the exhaust. Man, I can't wait to get my tach installed. :)

Good_3.jpg

Hey, does anyone know what is necessary for installing vance and hines side shots on a Nightster? Stage 1? Direct linkw/dyno? this is stuff I had quoted to me but know nothing about. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TFI? Sorry, but I dont know much about theses bikes, so no DYNO requried?

Hey Hobbit thanks! Whats the TFI? the dealer quoted me a 550.00 amount for direct link w/dyno are you saying I dont need this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Hobbit thanks! Whats the TFI? the dealer quoted me a 550.00 amount for direct link w/dyno are you saying I dont need this?

Lots of posts on the TFI here including a video installation.

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

It's cheaper, easier and will add fuel to the engine as needed. The tuning link is a great tool for setting up the PC III only surpassed by the SERT tuner by HD. The last two do a lot more than the TFI but for a street ridden bike the TFI is sufficient without the additional dyno time and expense of the others.

Hey Hobbit, I just put on a set of V&H Shortshots along with the Fuel Pak and an Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage II. Do I need to have the bike re-mapped or is the Fuel Pak enough?

I have a XL1200N 2008 as well and I installed a set of Rinehart Exhaust on it and it sounds very loud and it looks good. The ones I have are chromed out with black tips with the Rinehart insignia on the black tip part of the exhaust. If you go on YouTube just look up exhaust for XL1200N and you can hear samples of different exhaust on the same kind of bike. That is where I made my decision to buy Rinehart I really liked the sound that they made. I hope this will help you out some.

Back