free website stats program Nice Ride....but | Harley Davidson Forums

Nice Ride....but

Ok, so I have been home for a week now. Have taken the new bike out a couple times. It rides great, I am really pleased with it.

I do have a concern though. After rididng for about a half hour I puled into the garage and the check engine and battery lights came on. They stayed on for about 30 seconds and then went off. This has happened twice in the last week. The lights go out, should I be worried?

Also, I had ordered the TFI, but then changed my mind and went with the TSS Mastertune, anybody in the Tacoma/Fort Lewis area interested in taking this off my hands? Will give it up for what I paid, $150.

Last edited:
I would first see if it is pulling any codes.

Updated 2010 Touring Models Electrical Diagnostic - Diagnostic trouble Codes (DTCs) - Harley Davidson Community

That should be the correct link.

After you find out if there are any codes, post them here and I'm sure some of our more knowledgeable members will chime in. :s

Oops, I just noticed that you have a 2010, just a sec & I'll see if I can find anything on that. :s

You posted the link for the 2010, but its for touring models, would there be different procedures for my Dyna?

Hmmm, not sure on that. I forgot to edit the whole post when I went back and found the correct link, I forgot to zap my last line.

You can try this one. If either of these don't work, I bet some one will come along shortly and have the right answer.

I think that to read the codes should be pretty much the same, so if you try this and pull them, then we can look into finding what they are.

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation - Harley Davidson Community

Thank you both. I will give it a shot tomorrow. Looks like the procedures are the same on all of them, I just have to find which codes, if any match up to what it shows. If not I will call the dealer and have them come pick it up and figure it out.

Ok, so no codes came up and since the lights were going out I figured it was ok. I started out for a ride to the leather store and sure enough, about 12 miles into it the check engine light, the battery light and the ignition key light all came on, then my speedo started to swing from one end to the other. I pulled into a gas station and as I was slowing, the bike was popping and backfiring really good. Once I came to a stop and put it in neutral I noticed it was idiling higher than normal. I shut it down, tried to resart it and it wouldnt fire, it would crank, kinda weak, but couldnt get it to start. I called the dealership, and the service department reccomended that I check the battery cables, they were tight, so they routed their driver out to me with the trailer, picked up the bike and I should here something back from them on Tuesday. the bike has a whopping 78 miles on it!! I will let you know what they find.

Back