free website stats program Next bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

Next bike?

jamesearl

I used to ride small displacement 2 stroke bikes when I was a kid. Enduros,or street legal bikes you could still hit the trails with.About 9 years ago I found I finally had a little extra $,kids were grown,so thought about getting a scooter.Not a scoot,a real scooter.While there I noticed a small bike was the same money,and got that.A 125 cc's.I thought that would be that.But not going on hwy's and blocking traffic made me want more HP.Got a sporty and thought that would be my last bike,finally a Harley :D.Well Harley then came out with a plan where they give you list price back on your Sporty if you get a big V twin.My Sporty was 2 years old had 24K on the clock,and they're gonna give list?!!? Done! Got a superglide,which I REALLY thought was my last bike.Then I found my fxdc had an excellent resale value,and I always wanted what I considered a real Harley,spoke wheels,floorboards,bags,windshield.Got a Heritage,my LAST bike.Anyone see a pattern here? Kept hearing about how much better the baggers handled,but didn't and still don't like the way they look,compared to the softails.Rode the bagger and done.Finally my real last bike? I can only think maybe a trike when I'm really old.But have no plans,I,ve barely ridden the bagger,and love it.

You will be amazed that with a bagger you end up running out of time in a day to ride compared to stop riding on other bikes, for you your self has run out of energy... As the saying goes, "Some day you will own a bagger"!!!!!!
May you make many miles of smiles on the road ahead.......:s

You are certainly not the first or last to journey through the ranks of Harley models. Mine has been much like yours, XL, FX, FL.

So what are the future bikes the HDTimeline members are looking at? Thanks for the responses.I really enjoy this site,the lack of trolls and foul mouthed responses are so refreshing.:s

So what are the future bikes the HDTimeline members are looking at? Thanks for the responses.I really enjoy this site,the lack of trolls and foul mouthed responses are so refreshing.:s

I'm still looking at trading my 2013 Ultra Limited in for a 2014 Ultra Limited. Was at the Ft. Worth dealer this past Sunday looking again. While I like a lot of the newer features, I'm not at all crazy about the way the new dash looks. Definitely like the looks of my dash much better. And I would really prefer an oil pressure gauge in the dash, instead of having to scroll thru the infotainment thingy to check it whenever I wanted to. But they are offering 2.9% financing on the 14's, so that might make it worth while. Maybe if I was good this year Santa would bring me one, but we all know I haven't been very good :rofl

I'm still looking at trading my 2013 Ultra Limited in for a 2014 Ultra Limited. Was at the Ft. Worth dealer this past Sunday looking again. While I like a lot of the newer features, I'm not at all crazy about the way the new dash looks. Definitely like the looks of my dash much better. And I would really prefer an oil pressure gauge in the dash, instead of having to scroll thru the infotainment thingy to check it whenever I wanted to. But they are offering 2.9% financing on the 14's, so that might make it worth while. Maybe if I was good this year Santa would bring me one, but we all know I haven't been very good :rofl
Wow 2.9 on the 14's already? That's gotta be tempting.

Wow 2.9 on the 14's already? That's gotta be tempting.

Very tempting. My thoughts on why they're giving such a good interest rate is the dealer has many 2014's in stock and they're not moving very fast now. Anyone who wanted one, already bought one. The novelty of the liquid cooled heads and infotainment center is wearing off already, and now they're stuck with a lot of in stock bikes they can't move. I made the mistake of giving the salesman my phone number back in September when I first looked at them, and now he's calling me every other day wanting to know what he can do to sell me one. I told him to stop calling but he still does. If and when I'm ready to buy one I will. He did increase my trade in by $1,000 to sweeten the pot though. Maybe if I keep waiting he'll go up even more :D

Yeah, I've been haunting my local dealership but the more I read about the HDCAN-BUS stuff, the more I want to stay in the '13 and earlier stuff.
Smaller wiring, different plugs, etc. My salesperson said everything looks different under the fairing and side covers.
Going to be that indy dealers won't be able to work on some aspects of the bike. Take it to a Harley shop....
Not going to add certain accessories unless it came out of a Harley branded box.
Improvements for sure but I still like to tinker with my bikes.
Ask your salesperson if you can look under the fairing of a 2014 bike in the shop.

As I get older and back and leg pain get worse it looks like a Trike will be my next purchase

Back