free website stats program newer fairing on older model | Harley Davidson Forums

newer fairing on older model

It should bolt up OK. However you would need the newer Inner Fairing as well. Also the mounting brackets for same. All the gauges,spdo.,tack,oil press., etc would also need to be changed. You would probably find other things in the process. A LOT of Work & Expense.
tourbox

i have all the parts i need includeing inner fairing and gauges they come off of a 2007 model would everything still work the same and would i have to splice wires or would the existing ones work

i have all the parts i need includeing inner fairing and gauges they come off of a 2007 model would everything still work the same and would i have to splice wires or would the existing ones work

Isn't the '92 speedometer cable driven? Making the '07 speedometer and tachometer work right look to me like major hurdles to overcome.

Jennmar is correct on the major hurdles. There would be some wiring issues along with the speedo. However a speedo off a '96 or possibly to a '98. They were cable driven also. I don't know for sure about the diameter of the gauge, but should be the same. You would probably have to drill a hole for the Trip reset knob also, it was mechanical.
tourbox

Back