free website stats program Newbe question | Harley Davidson Forums

Newbe question

azdigger

I gues this is a kind of dumb question but I just read that my 1993 Heritage
is supposed to have 4 way flashers.
now the question
How do I get them to work , told ya it was a Newbe thing.
This is my first Harley so I got to ask questions.
Thanks

Hit both turn signal buttons at the same time. Turn them off the same way. Welcome to the forum and the World of Harley. There are a lot of knowledgable folks here and tons of information.......opinions too.

I might add that you have to hold them down for a few seconds for them to activate.

WOW, Thanks guys, this is one of the best finds on the "net".
I have gleaned lots of good info.
Rick
I had to wait until my 55th B-Day to get a Harley but it was worth the wait.
Come on River Run

No such thing as a dumb question on this board. Always some great people willing to advise. And from one noob to another, buy an owners manual and a service manual for your bike. Info and entertaining reading. Love them Heritage models. Rock on!
Ishmael

+1 on the Owner's Manual as a bare minimum. Much better to get the HD Service Manual, too, if you plan on doing ANY of your own work on the bike.

No such thing as a dumb question on this board. Always some great people willing to advise. And from one noob to another, buy an owners manual and a service manual for your bike. Info and entertaining reading. Love them Heritage models. Rock on!
Ishmael

How true. I'm not a fan of ebay but I'd look there first before going to the dealer. Probably find one cheap. I picked up the service manual and parts guide for the Lowrider and the Fatboy. Got the electrical books for the Fatboy too. All were MUCH cheaper than the dealer.

I gues this is a kind of dumb question but I just read that my 1993 Heritage
is supposed to have 4 way flashers.
now the question
How do I get them to work , told ya it was a Newbe thing.
This is my first Harley so I got to ask questions.
Thanks
I'm glad you posted this because I didn't know or forgot I had 4-way flashers.

Keep visiting this forum and you will learn a lot of useful stuff and as you can see from this thread any question that is answered can help others as well as yourself and you can learn from other peoples problems being resolved
A good set of books relevant to your bike is the first special tools that you should get

Brian

Dont beat your self up that is why we are here, but read your owners manual and buy a Factory Manual for your bike Money well spent:s

Back