free website stats program Newbe check in with q's | Harley Davidson Forums

Newbe check in with q's

I just got a '97 springer heritage and there's a few things I'd like to change, some things for comfort, some for looks and some performance. I'll start with the comfort. I'd like different bars, the buckhorns turn it to much and hurt my wrists. This also falls into the looks dept. I want to change a few things to make the bike look similar to the springers from the 40'-50's. When I change the bars I was hoping for something a little lower and wider with less turn in on the ends.
Where and what to get is where I need help, so please feel free to make suggestions.

The next thing I'd like to do is change some small stuff like covers and blinkers, I'd like the covers to be the same/similar as on the 40's-50's. I know the engines are different so I won't get the exact same look but close would be cool. By covers I mean, air cleaner, points, derby and what have ya.
Suggestions on these would be nice too.

I don't really care about cost as long as they parts are of good quality, I can wait and save money for the right part.
I'll try to get a pic up so you can the bike tonight after I goo riding, it's nice out today.
G

Welcome to the forum. You have lots of shopping to do. There's too many suppliers to list. This is a good time to get acquanted with Google search.
"Aftermarket Harley parts", "Vintage Harley parts, etc. will get you tons of sites to look at parts. I prefer paper catalogs to websites, and some vendors still have free ones. Ebay is a good place to get lots of pics of different parts, you don't have to buy there. When in doubt, post a question here.

The perfect starting tool is the HD Parts and Accessories catalog...it is a thick book that is free at your local HD Dealer in hard copy...the soft copy may be found here in the self help section.

Welcome to the forum.I have a 96 springer and know how limited bar selection can be.I went with a set of Bad Boy bars and realy like the look and feel.Ness does make a triple tree conversion plate allowing the us of any bar/riser combo.

Congrats on he new bike.

Wow, thanks for the tip, I'll be getting that triple tree, that'll open up more options for sure.

Back