free website stats program New White wall cleaning | Harley Davidson Forums

New White wall cleaning

dogdad

I got a new rear tire today on My RK Classic. I asked my tech his suggestions on taking the "blue" protective layer off to show the white wall stripe. He said " put some hot water on it and wipe it off". Wow,,how easy it was to clean. I've never heard that method on this site. It works great. Just sharing the info.

I got a new rear tire today on My RK Classic. I asked my tech his suggestions on taking the "blue" protective layer off to show the white wall stripe. He said " put some hot water on it and wipe it off". Wow,,how easy it was to clean. I've never heard that method on this site. It works great. Just sharing the info.

Great tip,@ Sears we use that with THE Magic Erasers works real good too:D

Are you sure that you thoroughly searched the Self Help Tips?

:lolrolling :lolrolling

Nope ..not this time....as all the discussions I have read has mentioned cleaning with brillo pads, eraser sponge, brite white spray.....but never heard of Hot water to clean the new tires that have the blue color,,which surprised me. I'm not saying it's not in the "search" ,, but never said it wasn't.

Did a search....nothing that uses just "hot water"......only wesleys, simple green,,,yada yada yada......but as I said,,,I was taking off the blue film from a brand new tire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remember auto tires that had the blue stuff on them. Same thing, just hot water and a brush and off it comes. Didn't know that moto white walls were the same.

Best product to clean white walls and any plastic is Dow Bathroom Cleaner. Fact you can use it on anything, a bit harsh for some stuff but will not bleach.

I have used it on car seat leather , then lexol cleaner and lexol protectant. If you use on leather recommend applying it to the rag or sponge as it can leave spots if it is not applied evenly.

Back