free website stats program New Way Shifter | Harley Davidson Forums

New Way Shifter

BCRoadking

Has anybody seen or actually tried this setup , was thinkin it would be a cool addition for my Road King , got big feet with big boots and am gettin lazy so not liftin heel would be a great thing , also usin toe shifter is hard on Arthritic big toe :)

I'll pass. I can lift my toe. I got rid of the heel shifter because it didn't leave any room on the floorboard to move around.

Lew I put a kick back heel shifter on my bike,It's great. You don't lose your heel shifter and when you don't want it you kick the peg back out of the way:D

Pretty interesting concept. I can see where a big foot would get you into trouble hitting the wrong peg.

I don't have a huge foot but I can see myself hitting the wrong peg anyway:shock Been riding with the traditional 1 down 4 up (now it's 5 up:D) so long I don't know how long it would take me to get used to.

A friend of mine got his kid a little 80 CC dirt bike from Joe's and it shifts all down, it's real hard to get used to.

Heck, I say let's go totally retro and bring back the hand shifter and clutch hand lever...just saw one on one very old Harley today by the way.:D

Seriously, interesting idea upshift toe left, downshift toe right...if you get used to it I suppose it could work, ingenuity is a good thing. :newsmile078:

Last edited:
For some i guess it would work but ill pass .. as lew said i just ditched the rear shifter i didnt like it anyways

i never rode witht hat rear shifter and it messed me up i only have size 11 so it wasnt room for me just weird.. have you seen the new roller peg they are making now?

I actually saw this shifter on the parts counter at the HD dealer. Really well built, solid billit material, and expensive.

Kind of a nifty idea although I prefer the tried and true "heel toe" shifter.

I prefer the heel shifter as it doesn't scuff the toe of my cowboy boot when upshifting.

Back