free website stats program New vs. Used V&H Fuelpak | Harley Davidson Forums

New vs. Used V&H Fuelpak

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I'm just kind of curious about this - not really ready to pull the trigger and buy anything yet.

A new Vance and Hines Fuelpak for my 2008 FLHX would run around $260 plus tax and shipping. Ebay has one that's been used on a 2009 HD for 5000 miles and it would cost about $100 less than a new one.

These devices don't marry to a particular bike, do they? I would just have to change the map to reflect what I have on my bike, correct? I feel like since there are so few moving parts, as long as it hasn't been fried it should work fine. And if it doesn't it should be readily apparent pretty quick and sent back to the seller.

Anyone else bought anything like this used and have an opinion to share? Or is it better to deal straight with the manufacturer, get the warranty, but spend the extra cash?

I ran one for 30,000 miles on my FXDC with no problems you can go on their website for the correct settings for your bike with what ever mods you have made...they do not marry to a bike but they make different models for touring..dyna..softails and sportsters..they are very simple to set up

I'd spend the extra $$$$$ and get a brand new one. No telling what you'll get with a used one. What tuner do you have on there now, and why would you want a different one? Why not a Dobeck? I'm waiting for V&H to make one of those new ones for my bike that TQ has been talking about. Would be nice to monitor everything while riding and make any adjustments on the fly. They make them for Dynas and Softails for 2011-2014, but the Ultras are for 2014 only right now. Hope they're coming up with one for my 2013.

No tuner at all right now - SE Touring Slip Ons + SE High Flow Air Filter + HD Stage One Download - bike runs GREAT with no performance issues and consistent tanks of 40+MPG.

If it works, don't mess with it. :D
Seriously, why do anything to it if its running great and your mileage is much better than mine?

Seriously, why do anything to it if its running great and your mileage is much better than mine?

I would agree here, plus I do not trust buying used electronics, but that is just me:s Even tho the HD download is lean, if you have NO problems and fuel mileage is OK I say run it, and I have seen the DRs bike and it is well maintained

I just discussed with my wife and daughters about smartphones and dark age dial phones. Dial phones last for many years and are soooo cheap comparing to smartphones. I purchased Samsung Note 1 two years ago and having problem with them now. Jack is right! I will not buying any used electronics. JMO

I would agree here, plus I do not trust buying used electronics, but that is just me:s Even tho the HD download is lean, if you have NO problems and fuel mileage is OK I say run it, and I have seen the DRs bike and it is well maintained

I totally agree - like I said in my opening post, I'm mainly just curious. Too much free time spent surfing the web can be dangerous!

Back