free website stats program New Vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

New Vibration

EnjoyingTheRyde

I've noticed a new vibration at about 2500 or 2800 rpm when rolling on the throttle lightly and it disappears when I let off. I feel it at my feet on the floor boards. I've done a quick inspection and haven't found anything loose. I'm calling the dealer today to get it in but am looking for any ideas anybody might have.

Thanks...

Failed to mention... 09 Street Glide with 4500 miles... Fluid changes to Mobil1 V-twin, Spectro for 6 speeds, and HD F+ at 1000, 2500, and 4400...

This may sound funny but check your primary oil level. It may be a little too high. I think I know what vibration you are talking about and this solved mine.

This may sound funny but check your primary oil level. It may be a little too high. I think I know what vibration you are talking about and this solved mine.

Primary oil is fine...

Check the motor mounts

Motor mounts are fine...

Went to the dealer today... I got the "we can't duplicate it" line... I know what I feel for a vibration... they don't, things like this are difficult to explain well enough for them to find... In any case, had my tank mount recall done and they replaced one of my front rotors that I asked them to check, it was out of spec...

While I was there... a trailer was being loaded for delivery to Kansas... I heard one of the owners of this dealership bought a dealership out there and was sending some bikes... from what I saw, mostly FLH's...

Have a great day everyone!

i have the same vibration in my 2009 electra glide and dont know what is causing it if some one finds out i hope it gets posted as this vibration was not in my 2008

The vibration you're noting, is it felt equally on both sides or predominately on one side of the bike?
I know this sounds silly, but recently had my V&H dual header pipes, stage one and pythons done and when I picked up the bike it had a signifcant vibration of the right floor board....took it back yesterday and with a minor adjustment of the heatshield and floorboard, viola, no more vibration.
I know I'm probably the only odd ball to have this particular item, but just in case thought I'd chime in..good luck:)

Have them check the crank to make sure it's still within spec. some 96" cranks are spinning and putting them out of balance.

Back