free website stats program New Ultra - Need help | Harley Davidson Forums

New Ultra - Need help

Shafe

I just bought my 2nd HD in 40 years and this one comes with cruise and a bunch of stuff like CB. I am curious what you folks consider to be the best basic head sets and microphones to use for when I am riding 2 up? I don't care about blue tooth or wireless. I just wanna plug and play.. Suggestions please.

unfortunately headsets and mic didn't come with the bike so now I have to figure out the best one or - just buy it from HD

J&M makes pretty good stuff, popular with the GW crowd, had some of their stuff several years ago when I had a GW, should be compatiable with HD.

I use the Harley stuff, one came with the bike. I found the second one on Craigs List for half of what HD wants. Might check Ebay too.

PS We really don't use them all that much anyway.

My Ultra came with headset, My CB not working so i stop in at the HD shop to see if they had a head set i could try to see if it was my mik or the CB, i could hear everybody but was unable to talk back.. the headset the shop had sould much nicer then the helmet speckers that came with the bike. I will have to drop the bike off so they can see why i'm not getting out. but i'm going to looking into a new headset J&M is what i was going to look at

The HD headset came with my Ultra and it works great for communication, not for listening to the radio though. I bought a J&M set for my other helmet and it's a little clearer, even listening to the radio. Not sure if the quality is worth the extra cost of the J&M's. THe HD headsets are much cheaper and if your dealer gives discounts or you can catch them on sale, even better.
:USA

I ride 2 up with my wife and we have the Cardo Scala Team Set. We have them synced up to our phones via bluetooth and they work great, battery last about 8 hours. I also use them on my dirt bike helmets so my son and I can talk.

[removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back