free website stats program New Ultra Classic owner in Washington State | Harley Davidson Forums

New Ultra Classic owner in Washington State

FMRPLT

Hello, my name is Sue and I've own a few Harley's before. However, this is the first full dresser I've ever own and driven. My husband and I both ride and have owned many bikes over the years. We also ride dirt bikes, started this when our kids were little as a family thing. They've all enjoyed it and still do. Our kids also ride street too. But when our first grandson was born we decided to treat ourselves before we started spending our money on him.

We bought two brand new Harley's in 2011. My husband got the Road King and I ended up getting the Night Rod Special. I know - the NRS is not a real Harley but it was super fun to ride! However, that bike was probably built on December 23, 2011. It had more problems than I really care to go into. The straw that broke the camels back was when the back cylinder blew oil and they couldn't figure out the cause was. Needless to say, my dealer bought it back and gave me a heck of a deal on a 2013 Ultra Classic.

Talk about night and day in the difference of the ride. The Cadillac of bikes! I had no idea. I got the ember red color, almost the same color as my very first bike I bought when I was 19.

Well, got to ride it home the first day - 43 miles on her and now she sits. The rains are back. So I'm anxiously waiting for a semi dry day. Yes, I'm mostly a fair weather rider unless I get caught in a sudden rain.

So, I'm looking to do up-grades - but not all at once. So I'll lurk around out here and see what others have done, what's worked and what hasn't.

Thanks.

Wow, very exciting. Congrats on your new machine.

Last weekend was great weather-wise and I took my new Electra to her first international ride to WA and I roamed in the Mt. Vernon area. It was really nice.

Hope the weather improves and you can have some quality time with your new Ultra.

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Back