free website stats program new to this | Harley Davidson Forums

new to this

95thwideglide

I just signed in. Gonna need some help soon. picking up a 64 FLH with origianal lower motor, and suppose to be a 72 shovel topend. Hasn't been run in 9 yrs. Hope i"m not getting in over my head. Already got 2 bikes. Had my 1200 sportster for 10 yrs, just got 95th anniversary wideglide this spring. Rock & Roll

Welcome to the"BEST on the NET" Be sure to check out the Self Help Section for great tips and advice. Enjoy your stay!!!

I just signed in. Gonna need some help soon. picking up a 64 FLH with origianal lower motor, and suppose to be a 72 shovel topend. Hasn't been run in 9 yrs. Hope i"m not getting in over my head. Already got 2 bikes. Had my 1200 sportster for 10 yrs, just got 95th anniversary wideglide this spring. Rock & Roll

Welcome to the forum. With a bike that has been sitting this long take your time and go through it from one end to the other. Are you planning a complete motor rebuild?

Yea I'm taking the time to check it out completly. It's low on compresion but back the lifters down and compression went up on both cylindres.

Back