free website stats program New to the club..... | Harley Davidson Forums

New to the club.....

Jackillac

Ello everybody....!! I've got a 1962 sportster and I took it apart in 2005 to get the frame powder coated. Well my father ended up having to get a full heart transplant and we were unable to put it back together. So finally, as of a week ago.... I started to put it back together. I've got maybe 15 hrs into it and I am 75 percent done with it. I need a little help or guidance on how to re-wire my head lamp and tail lamps to the generator...... If anyone can help me or send me in the direction of a wiring diagram it would be much appreciated. Thanks....

Hello neighbor.....ill check to see if i have a manual i had a 74 sporty....& welcome,,,,

Welcome Jack...greetings from Omaha, NE. Great year for your Sporty (I was born in 62) & hope you get it road ready soon. Post some pics - I'd like to see your project.

got manual, head lite powered from B+ on regulator then to lite s/w then to handlebar hi / low s/w. then lite. tail powered by same same switch [toggle] style same screw as 1st stop after leaving B+ on reg. head lite but stops at terminal strip. hope helps tom.

Welcome Jackillac to the HDTimeline forum...there is plenty of help in the Self Help section regarding basic electrical lighting.

I did post hopefully a close enough one to your 1962 Sportster in your schematic request post. Do send pictures and post your progress...Good Luck!

Back