free website stats program New to me FatBoy | Harley Davidson Forums

New to me FatBoy

I just bought, well on Tuesday, a new to me 2004 FatBoy (4K miles on it) to replace my Sportster....Talk about a difference between night and day. While I thought and still do think fondly of my Sportster, I have died and gone to heaven for the last 2 days and 200 miles on the FatBoy!

I had to travel 120 miles to look at this bike and the minute I saw it and took a short ride it was over! I had ridden my brother in laws 2008 Heritage Classic and thought it was ok....but this lowered FatBoy with bells and whistles was da bomb! I can't stay off it!

If I can ever get off it I'll post some pics and change my avaitar!

RR

Congratulations on the new bike. Ride safe and enjoy.

Don't know if it a Fatboy thing but a couple in my HOG group took a trip on a Fatboy, came home, sold it and bought an 08 Ultra. The couple who bought the Fatboy in September, took a trip in April, came home, traded and bought an 09 Ultra the next week.

I guess this means don't take your wife on a long trip on the Fatboy, or you'll be riding an Ultra quicker than you can say my back side is sore! :newsmile100:

Seriously, enjoy your new ride!
:USA

I have a 06 fatboy i love it. but I only like riding it buy myself no exta riders. thats why a have the street glide now. i could never give up my fatboy.

I'm in the UK - been riding for years all sorts of bikes. Just bought my first Harley - a 2007 Fat Boy - blown away. Just got to learn how to pass an HD dealer without buying more shiny bits.

Desert Storm - brothers in arms

I have been busy riding and working. I have not had time to comment about my Fat Boy experience. I have put over 450 miles on it and it is quite a machine. The only things I will add now are some road bars and a windshield both are on order and not from my local dealer who is strictly MSRP. I have a local source that matches places like Chicago Harley etc.

I have yet to take some good pics. I have some but the lighting in my garage although good for working on stuff, (EDIT) for photos. Believe me I will post some soon as I am very happy and proud of this bike.

For the Ultra folks....I went to the Fat Boy from a Sportster and a rather tall one at that....so this bike is like a Lexus to me. I should post a pic of them side by side. Its like Mutt & Jeff. As for my wife she will only ride with me for short trips. She has had 20 back surguries. The last one was 9 1/2 hrs long. She really wants a TriGlide but for 32K with reverse.. is a bit much after the bashing my IRA has taken. One must eat when one retires.

The Sporty is sold and I feel badly. I'm almost hoping that the young man who is buying it does not come up with the money Tuesday. Oh well I have a bad habit of holding on to things even when they collect dust. This too shall pass.

RR

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back