free website stats program New to HD Talking (but not to HD, or talking) | Harley Davidson Forums

New to HD Talking (but not to HD, or talking)

Hi everyone! My name is mickimause, and I have a problem.

Oh, wait - wrong forum! Or maybe not...

Purchased my first motorcycle at the age of 41, a little 2009 Suzuki GS500 to learn on. That one lasted exactly 30 days and 293 miles before a drunk ran over it in the parking lot. By that time, though, I was already feeling a bit like it wasn't quite enough bike for me. After the dust settled and the insurance companies duked things out, I picked up my Hog. She's a 2000 Wide Glide, had 5984 miles on her when I test drove her on July 16, 2010. Took her home that afternoon!

The weekend of July 23-25, 2010, our youngest boy and I took the rider safety course at the local community college, and got our endorsements. I had very little experience prior to this, just the 293 miles on the Suzuki, and a few days on a friends dirt bike 20 or so years before. On August 8, 2010, hubby and I hit the road to ride from central Michigan to the Tail of the Dragon. I was hooked!

I haul a tanker for a living, so spend most of my days piloting 18 wheels down the interstate. (yep. Female tanker-yanker) My motorcycle is most definitely my therapist, and I truly cannot be anything but happy when on two wheels. :)

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Welcome from north TX
WAP.gif

Welcome...

I got to Yank your Chain on another post here. The one where you showed the Baked on BEAUTY...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Back