free website stats program New Tires nfor my Softail | Harley Davidson Forums

New Tires nfor my Softail

gator508

Experienced Member
Going to replace tires this winter my question is what places have ya'll bought tires. It looks as though I can save a lot if I buy them online from places like Dennis Kirk and other shops. I appreciate yours thoughts and experiences.

My 3 favorite places are D.Kirk, Motorcycle Superstore and Rocky Mountain Powersupply. They all have fast free shipping, and important to me, is I always get fresh date codes (within 60 days).

Gator do you have a Cycle Gear nearby. They match price and I think its $20.00 per wheel mount and balance carry in only.

I will probably use J&P cycles.One thing I noticed before getting my Wide Glide was that owners complained of having to replace fr.tires more frequently.21in.and less contact is why,I imagine.So I looked em up before getting the bike they are right around $100 or less.Free shipping.I have seen some complaints on date of manufacture,but they were replaced by said co.Sometimes dealer has a special,there are more and more indy's popping up around here,too.As far as actually changing it.But the tire alone,J&P has had the best price I can find so far.

I think the first question is "can you mount them yourself"?:cool: Most shops will not install a tire that you have provided. If you can mount your own, or know someone that will, JP has great prices.:D

Lot's of independent shops, particularly those that cater to knee draggers, will mount and balance a carry in tire for $20-$30. My local road racer shop does it for $20.;)

My indy charges 20 bucks, I can do my own rear tires, Discount Tire has T rated raials for my trike starting @ 45 compared to HD Dunhops @ 190 They are insane these are passenger car T rated tires shame on them

Back