free website stats program New Tire | Harley Davidson Forums

New Tire

dogdad

I think I can use a new front tire on my RKC, its the original with about 8K on it,, checked with the dealer- about $230(the large white wall)or so....any suggestions on where i can order one cheaper?

Thanks....$114 and free shipping for the wide white wall....sounds like a good deal...now I need to see how much the dealer's going to charge me for installation.

Thanks....$114 and free shipping for the wide white wall....sounds like a good deal...now I need to see how much the dealer's going to charge me for installation.

Don't bring it to the dealer, use a indy shop.:s
A dealer will be unhappy that you bought elsewhere. Don't ask me how I know.

To bad you don't live close to Gainesville, Fl. The Harley dealer here has no problem mounting your tires. The last one I took in was high speed balanced and the bearings repacked for $37.50. Great dealer!:D

Exactly! I purchased my front/rear tire from Motorcycle Superstore, had an indy mount/balance and total cost was under $280 (blackwalls not WWW). Still a substantial savings if you purchase tires on your own and have indy mount. I think my dealer wanted close to $600 for changing and mounting both tires.

now I need to see how much the dealer's going to charge me for installation.

Most likely a dealer is going to charge an hourly rate.
Like others said find an indy.
I buy my tires at a mc accessory store.If I buy the tire there they charge $15 for mount and balance.
Of course I do the labor of removing/installing the wheel.

Call EVERY shop in your area asking for mount/bal price. I called 3 independants, and got quotes from $33 (no bal.) up to $45, for me bringing wheel in. On a whim, I called the Honda/Kawasaki dealer, $25 mounted and balanced. I glad I made the last call. I checked every interned dealer I could find for prices, and Mcy. Superstore was best price & free (not fast) shipping.

Last edited:
Back