free website stats program New sert for stock ECU | Harley Davidson Forums

New sert for stock ECU

harley@16

I have a full stage one upgrade, Arlin Ness intake, Kromeworks headers, Klockworks slip ons, and run a Gen 4. Would I need to get a different download or is the Gen 4 enough to get the proper fuel? This is for my 07 FLHT.

I was told by the folks at Dobeck that their TFI was sufficient and there was no need to pay for the HD Stage I download.

A stage 1 D/L, by EPA standards will still be lean. The Gen 4 will fatten her up as much as you need. Save the money from the D/L and get some chrome.

I was told by the folks at Dobeck that their TFI was sufficient and there was no need to pay for the HD Stage I download.

A stage 1 D/L, by EPA standards will still be lean. The Gen 4 will fatten her up as much as you need. Save the money from the D/L and get some chrome.

That is what I thought. I've been struggling with some performance issues since installing the Gen 4 and Doebeck has suggested that I have scavenging problems, well, I can't verify this other than the "fix" is to run the Gen 4 in open loop, which sorta defeats the purpose of having it. I'm going to remove it and reinstall my original TFI and see if it corrects the problem. My issues were a hesitation when accelerating and rough idle.

That is what I thought. I've been struggling with some performance issues since installing the Gen 4 and Doebeck has suggested that I have scavenging problems, well, I can't verify this other than the "fix" is to run the Gen 4 in open loop, which sorta defeats the purpose of having it. I'm going to remove it and reinstall my original TFI and see if it corrects the problem. My issues were a hesitation when accelerating and rough idle.

What type of performance problems? You may want to read this:

Dobeck GEN4 TFI Warning - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

as well as this:

Worst Ride Ever - Bike Tried To Kill Me! - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

Back