free website stats program new seat for my nightster ? | Harley Davidson Forums

new seat for my nightster ?

artisan

i need a new seat for my bike as the stock seat gives me a num bum after 45 minutes riding.
i was looking at a La Pera silouette (will this be more comfy than the stock seat)or possibly a daytona sport.
anybody tried 'em & if so what are they like ?

btw i'm in th U.K. & La Pera seam fairly easy to get a hold of over here,don't know about any others.
cheers :)

I just ordered a new LePera up Front Silhouette LT to go with the new 4.5 gal custom gas tank I ordered to go on my 2005 XL883L. I'll let you know how I like it when it all comes together. The LePera came highly recommended and it puts me 3 inches closer to the handlebars. So we'll see..........Havent made up my mind yet about the forward controls , but I guess half the fun of having a Harley is deciding what to change next.:D

I for one can last an hour and fifteen minutes before my butt goes numb. I'm looking into a springer seat. I figure that will give me one smooth ride and look cool as hell also. Let us all know how the new seat feels. Rob

I just ordered a new LePera up Front Silhouette LT to go with the new 4.5 gal custom gas tank I ordered to go on my 2005 XL883L. I'll let you know how I like it when it all comes together. The LePera came highly recommended and it puts me 3 inches closer to the handlebars. So we'll see..........Havent made up my mind yet about the forward controls , but I guess half the fun of having a Harley is deciding what to change next.:D

:) i hear ya.

the forewards are a big improvment but could do with being further foreward for me,so i try a seat that lets me sit further back.

I for one can last an hour and fifteen minutes before my butt goes numb. I'm looking into a springer seat. I figure that will give me one smooth ride and look cool as hell also. Let us all know how the new seat feels. Rob

hi Rob,will do.
i just need to find a daytona sport at the right price- they are £299.00 over here. i checked on J & P cycles site but they don't list it for an '07 bike :(
& i don't know where else to try-any suggestions.

I found my LePera seat at lepera.com, but couldn't buy it directly on line. My HD dealership ordered it for me & I paid the same as was quoted online $334.00 USD)Of course I will have to pay the labor charges to have it installed,along with my new gas tank - HD = Hundreds of Dollars.LOL

I found my LePera seat at lepera.com, but couldn't buy it directly on line. My HD dealership ordered it for me & I paid the same as was quoted online $334.00 USD)Of course I will have to pay the labor charges to have it installed,along with my new gas tank - HD = Hundreds of Dollars.LOL

haha :D nice one

edit: i decided to order a Mustang seat instead as i couldn't find a daytona sport in stock anywhere.

Last edited:
I think stock looks best! LEPERA BAREBONES LFK-006 2nd best! I havent gotten a chance to try the lepera yet and people say the stock seat gets better as its broken in!!!!?? not sure about that!

I think stock looks best! LEPERA BAREBONES LFK-006 2nd best! I havent gotten a chance to try the lepera yet and people say the stock seat gets better as its broken in!!!!?? not sure about that!

i've done 4500 miles on my bike now & the only thing thats got broken is my (EDIT) :D
agreed though the stock seat does look way cool.

Are you seriously gonna pay labor to change a seat and a gas tank? Wow I wish I had your job and that kind of money to blow. You wanna make my truck payment for me?

You are gonna pay $250 for a thief to change out 3 fasteners just so you know, the seat is held on with one screw and the tank has 2 bolts and a fuel line.

Talk to a buddy who knows how to change a light bulb and he can help you out.....

Back