free website stats program New seat for my custom | Harley Davidson Forums

New seat for my custom

RubyDee

Just purchased a Lepera daytona LT, i was hunting around for a seat with more back support.
Did get a deal on a Sundowner last year, very comfortable for long journeys, but very ugly. Also felt as if i was sat on top of the bike and not in it, if you understand me.
Could not get a Daytona in the UK, so ordered from the States.
Anyone have any experience of this seat?
If its spot on the sundowner may well end up on Ebay!!

Just purchased a Lepera daytona LT, i was hunting around for a seat with more back support.
Did get a deal on a Sundowner last year, very comfortable for long journeys, but very ugly. Also felt as if i was sat on top of the bike and not in it, if you understand me.
Could not get a Daytona in the UK, so ordered from the States.
Anyone have any experience of this seat?
If its spot on the sundowner may well end up on Ebay!!

Might want to check with Hobbit and other HDT users in the UK. I have a full length seat (because I put a 2005 4.5 gal tank on my 2004 XL1200R Sportster) by Drag Specialties that has embossed flame and leather in the seating areas and is comfortable to me. But seats are pretty personal, and many major makers like Corbin in the US will re-upholster your seat pan in any design they catalog, using high density foam, providing lower profile but better support. All you can do is go to dealers, bike shows etc. to try before you buy. Good luck in your search! :coffee

Last edited:
Yup, like newhd74fan said, Seats are personal. I have a Sundowner on my 08 1200C and am not impressed at all. Looking into finding a gel seat that sits on top or can be attached. Tracy

I was looking at the Daytona seat myself. I think you'll be happy. It comes up high in the back which will help the small of your back tremendously. I also got a good deal on a sundowner seat earlier this spring and was not impressed at all...it's hideous!!! Leave that seat for touring bikes!!

The Seat Has landed!!!
Yes, very pleased, look,s great on the bike.
Seems very firm, but i think it will be comfortable.
cant wait for better weather to put some miles on it.
Anyone for a Sundowner???
Dee.

The Seat Has landed!!!
Yes, very pleased, look,s great on the bike.
Seems very firm, but i think it will be comfortable.
cant wait for better weather to put some miles on it.
Anyone for a Sundowner???
Dee.

Maybe HDT should do a seat poll...it is after all probably the most changed item on the Harley user mod list...in front of windscreen, control cluster or Stage I mods...but that is another story! :small3d017:

A less expensive alternative than a new seat: Mean City Cycles does mods to existing/stock seats. I'm sending my Sundowner to them it's mid-winter here, not much riding going on.

I personally thought the Sundowner was a bit stiff and hard...don't like the stock seat (2008 XLH 1200) for touring.

I'll let you know what I think when I get it back.

Mean City Cycles Custom Seat Modifications :: Home

A less expensive alternative than a new seat: Mean City Cycles does mods to existing/stock seats. I'm sending my Sundowner to them it's mid-winter here, not much riding going on.

I personally thought the Sundowner was a bit stiff and hard...don't like the stock seat (2008 XLH 1200) for touring.

I'll let you know what I think when I get it back.

Mean City Cycles Custom Seat Modifications :: Home

Good choice, many of your better saddle makers like Corbin amongst others will modify your existing seat pan using high density foam in whatever style you see in their catalog with ton's of options...just a matter of time and money! :newsmile093:

Back