free website stats program New SE air cleaner does not fit | Harley Davidson Forums

New SE air cleaner does not fit

AZDave

Ok, I got my new PC-V in today along with my SE kit for my 09 Heritage. I started on the air cleaner and the old one came off fine. I mounted the new back plate and air filter no problem. The kit from HD has you use your cover and center screw. No matter how I try the screw is not long enought as the cover is 1/4 from touching new filter. I guess I can go to HD and ask for a longer screw but its the 1/4 inch gap. If I do and then try to tighten it down to the 6.5 Nm I am sure it will bend the cover. I am adding the PC-V in the morning. Has anyone had the same problem?

Hi Hobbit
There is, but it does not pull off as far as I can tell. I think I will install the PC-V then ride it to the Dealer. It should be 72 here tomorrw. I will ask the parts rep who sold it to me to take a look. It is kit number 29440-99D

Got it fixed, looks like they put the wrong air cleaner in the box. PC-V is in and the SE completes my stage 1. It sounds better and runs great. Thanks for the help everyone. Merry Christmas :D

Good deal AZDave, part numbers can be tricky and one number off can put you into a different "universe".:30:

Back