free website stats program New Road Glide, now how about lowers? | Harley Davidson Forums

New Road Glide, now how about lowers?

leo13

I put a deposit on an '08 Mirage Orange RG with ABS, I got a great deal. I plan to fly into Denver and ride it back to Utah around 27 April. I'm having it fitted with a detachable matching Tour Pak.

I'd also like matching lowers, but would rather not put the RG lowers (no vents). Can someone tell me what I would have to modify (assuming it's possible) to install Ultra lowers? Even with our Summers, vents will be needed. Obviously I could take them off in the Summer, but I like the looks with them on and the Tour Pak off. So how much time and expense am I looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• road_glide_Utah_001[1].jpg
    road_glide_Utah_001[1].jpg
    119 KB · Views: 27
If you dont have to have the harley ones.. I have no personal exp with thsi company but its who i want to buy the ones for my road king from The price includes painted to match your bike

www.hoggchopps.com

There's lowers in that photo? Seriously, a good suggestion. I'll look into it, maybe just get the vinyl snap on unit in case I run into bad weather.

I put the HD lowers with vents on my Road King. On Coumadin so I can't take a rock or ????in the shin. Takes forever to heal. I got the detatchable hardware kit and they pop right off (3 large knurled screws) for easy detailing. A little trickier to re-install. Gotta kinda stand on your head and do a little twisting and be sure to hold your mouth just right.

The vents work great. When its cold I close the one on the left side and just crack the one on the right because that's where the pipes are. Keeps it nice and cozy. I havent seen a Road King yet with lowers so it makes it a little easier to pick out my bike in a crowd.

I bought them with the bike so they'd be covered in the warrantee.

If you look in the Harley accessory book, they list a pair of lowers for RGs, and they are not vented. They also look shorter, and a quick removal kit is not available. I thought I read here that the fairing support bracket on the RGs caused issues with the Ultra lowers?

Back