free website stats program New ride 2011 CVO SG | Harley Davidson Forums

New ride 2011 CVO SG

DrBro

I was walking into the dealer to buy some summer trinkets and saw the first 2011 CVO SG. I didn't want to buy it, but my wife said go for it:bigsmiley36:.

So if followed me home. I loved my 09 SG with the stage 1 - but this is just sweet beyond belief....

My only regret is that my V&H monster ovals wouldn't fit. Any recommendations? Can I modify the SE pipes? I was also looking at the V&H double slash.

Can I use my old SERT? Is there any value in tuning it more?

Pictures coming - promise!

If you liked the monster ovals, I would think you would like the Monster Rounds. They made them pretty much for the baggers with the bag extenders.

pics pics....
icon_worthless.gif

a friend just bought a 10 se sg . he found a guy that sells new baffles for the se pipes and sends a program that is awsome. ill post info when i talk to him
he said 108 or 110 hp with out dyno run. reasonable priced kit. but i like true dauls. or you could take out the cat coverter for more sound and power

Fulsac makes baffels for your SE Slip ons. I'm running the V&H True duals with the 1.75 Baffels. It keeps the stock look but gives ya some more power and outstanding sound, specially when ya rack it. Ez ta install too.
Enjoy that CVO, there ain't nothing better'n walkin up a grade and watchin the 96's slowley disappear in your rear view.

Thanks for all the replies. I kinda like the look of the SE pipes and new inserts would be nice. Where do I find those? Also, I have always heard that the crossover provides better performance than true duals, and that the cat are now in the crossover?!? I loved the looks of my monster ovals with the black tips but.... I love the new ride more! So SE with new inserts, new crossover no cats, and tuner????? Comments/advice - besides ride more.:lero Oh yes, where do I add my oil temp gauge now!? All these dang speakers are cool but.......

No, they added two additonal tweeters to replace the fuel gauge and valuable air temp gauge! I had replaced the air with oil previously. Now the only two gauges are volt and oil pressure. I suppose with the oil cooler oil temps are not as critical (my 09 had that too), but I feel oil temp on an air cooled motor is pretty much the only info that matters.

You can have the cat removed from your head pipe. . they cut it open remove it all and re weld. Very nice work.

Back