free website stats program New pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

New pipes

dblKick

I just installed a new set of V&H Short Shots with baffles. I'm keeping the stock air cleaner. The bike runs good as is, is there a NEED for a fuel manager or remap?

usually you can do one or the other air cleaner or exhust and get away with it .. but for my taste yeah your better off with one it will run better why chance it?

thanks guys,
I'm not really looking to improve the performance of the bike, I like the look of the V&H pipes but don't want to spend the $$ on fuel packs unless it's nessesary. While I'm here....if I do go with the AC, can the dealer remap it? & what does that usually cost.

thx again!

For under $100. more then a dealer remap you can have a TFI and be able to adjust for yourself as you add things like a stage1 which would cost another $150 remap at the dealer,Don't we give them enough money?

FYI:
I went down to my dealer today first talked to the parts guy, then 3 guys from the service dept. including the service manager. I told them I "want" to put on a set of XXX pipes & keep the ac stock. & asked them what else I need ( open wallet in hand) They all agreed....nothing! they even told me to get a new AC to help breathe better but no remap or fuel management is required! Refreshing news from a dealership! I will say that I am NOT looking to put up big #'s in the HP & TQ columns, I just want a scoot that looks good & runs good.
The factory ECM will self adjust with the help of the O2 sensors to run well. I did however buy a new set of plugs so that I can see how I'm running.

I'm willing to bet that when you put those pipes on and a stage1 AC it is going to starve to the point of detonation and extreme heat.causing damage.Not to mention an uncomfortable ride. I am not the most knowledgable here on the HD but I do know a bit about trying these different configurations on an 07!

Good day to all, here's my question as I want to understand, I just install S&S slip ons on my bike, an 08 Heritage, is there chances that I could damage anything on it if I don't remap or put a fuel pack, I didn't change the stock AC, thanks

Last edited:
Back