SSPX0004.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 181
  • SSPX0005.jpg
    SSPX0005.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 165
  • SSPX0025.jpg
    SSPX0025.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 182
Nice apes...how long wiring extensions did you need? Any details will help readers who want to raise their bar> 2" over stock or in your case x inches over the stockers.

That looks terrible .....I think you should remove them at once and send them with all the mounting hardware to me for proper disposal :D....Just trying to help where I can

looks good bro :bigsmiley12:

Thanks guys.
I used a +8 for the wiring kit and +6 for all the cables. The wiring should have been longer, but I made it work.
Just a note on the bars, my bars are Carlini Flyin Apes 14 inch. I was going to go with the 16's until I did some research and found that Carlini bars have about 1-1.5 more rise than standard apes. The bars are perfect for me with the stock risers. I did put on a Harley Badlander seat also, which lowered me at least an inch in the saddle. I'm 5'9 and my hands are almost level with my shoulders.
Anyone looking to put apes on a RK, should also replace the top riser clamps, with a one piece unit. This helps to keep the bars in place, so they won't move on you.

Sorry Tigg, Thanks for offering to dispose of them for me. But I think I will stick with them. It's good to know that your there to try and help!

Back