free website stats program New Owner of a 03 RK Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

New Owner of a 03 RK Classic

slammer66

Love it...........Cherry condition.....18400 miles!!!
Any heads up on anything in particular when I reach the 20k miles...?
Plan on getting bike serviced at local H-D dealer......(5hr./$569).

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 18
That's a clean looking piece! If it was me I think I'd pay for the 20,000 mile service, that way you could have them gine it a good once over.JMTCW

Thanks...previous owner (Army Officer) took immaculate care of this bike. Knew I was getting a well maintained machine.

Welcome Slammer to HDTimeline...a very nice "score" by the way!!! :D Why not do the fluid changes and routine inspection service yourself. There are plenty here who will help walk you through it. Just click the tabs near the top of this page and cruise a little. Pickup a hard copy of the HD Service manual as your first accessory to make it your own and get the satisfaction of knowing just how to do things right and doing it yourself is really a rush, getting you "one" with your new ride! Best first accessory that will pay for itself the very first time you use it! :s

Congrats on the new ride....looks sweet. Did you ask where the previous owner had it serviced?? Cam chain tensioners is about all I can think of at 20,000. I prefer to Support My Local Indy. Just because it's a dealership doesn't mean they do good work...but same goes for Indy's too.Ask around. $569/5hrs seems like a lot for a service.

Check the cam chain tensioners on the bike. Have a look because if they go out, it can do a lot of damage to the engine. There is no set mileage for them, some go under 20K and others are good for 80K.

Some very helpful info....Thanks to All....
Thought about an Indy but not sure who's around the Evansville, IN area that I could use for an H-D. So far I thought I would just save up this winter for the service cost which I probably get done first thing for Spring.
I going to get the Service Manual for certain. I'm sure I can perform most of the fluid changes myself.....
Previous owner had it serviced at the H-D dealer where purchased....

Back