free website stats program New, Old bike | Harley Davidson Forums

New, Old bike

tcoker

Today I got me a 1999 Heritage softail... First harley ever, last bike was 30 yrs ago. What a day... I took it to the Rocket city harley and told them to go over and do a complete ck up, $500.00 later, shock city. but still happy as ever...tcoker

1999 was the First TC. engine BUT wasn't the softail still an EVO?

IF NOT, the 1999 Did have the "Cam Drive, Ball style Bearing" that NEEDED to be replaced... OR possibly a BOOM in the future.. Hope IF a TC motor It has been changed out.. Plenty of information here, type in

"1999 cam bearing problem"

signed....BUBBIE

1999 was the First TC. engine BUT wasn't the softail still an EVO?

IF NOT, the 1999 Did have the "Cam Drive, Ball style Bearing" that NEEDED to be replaced... OR possibly a BOOM in the future.. Hope IF a TC motor It has been changed out.. Plenty of information here, type in

"1999 cam bearing problem"

signed....BUBBIE

I LOOKED ,,THOUGHT SO ,,,, The softail is an EVO motor in 1999 model year, was the Last of the EVO's.

Congrats on the new bike :small3d026:and welcome to the site. I know you will enjoy your stay here. Evos are good motors just to the regular oil changes and don't pound them hard all the time and they will last and last. Remember to let the Evo motor warm up real good before rolling.

Congrats on the new ride, I remember when I got my first Harley,it seems like yesterday (really 31 years ago) where does the time go. Enjoy the ride, nothing like it in the world. Motorcycling is the one thing I always had to fall back on through the thick and the thin. Take some advice and get a sevice manual and read it cover to cover and do not be afraid to experiment on your own Harleys are some pretty tough machines, they can handle a lot as long as you take care of them. Be safe out there.

Evos are very good tho as Smitty said they like to be warmed up before riding, they have a lot of potential for making big horse power and parts are plentiful

welcome to great site...In new but I have to say the members on here are good people ,that means you to jack...:hii:D

Thanks for the comeback, oil change, battery, kick stand springs, trans-oil change, there 5k service ??? The merchanic was vey nice, seeing a newbie and all. Still happy as ever...

Back