free website stats program New Member needs advice | Harley Davidson Forums

New Member needs advice

Uthorn

Hey all,

New to the forums! I'm looking to buy my first Harley... My 71 yr old Dad owns a 2006 Sportster 883 (He used to ride the old ones in his younger days)... He told me his Military friend is selling his 2006 Sportster 883 for $4800. It only has 2500 miles on it and includes leather saddle bags, cover, and helmet... It's never been laid down and is in mint condition (chopper blue pearl)...

Now I'm only 5'9" 170 pnds. The 883 seems a little too tall for me... The 883 low would probably fit me perfect... Should I wait to get a shorter Harley?? Or swoop on this one, since it's such a sweet deal? I suppose I could lower this one...

Can wait to ride with my old man!

Hey all,

New to the forums! I'm looking to buy my first Harley... My 71 yr old Dad owns a 2006 Sportster 883 (He used to ride the old ones in his younger days)... He told me his Military friend is selling his 2006 Sportster 883 for $4800. It only has 2500 miles on it and includes leather saddle bags, cover, and helmet... It's never been laid down and is in mint condition (chopper blue pearl)...

Now I'm only 5'9" 170 pnds. The 883 seems a little too tall for me... The 883 low would probably fit me perfect... Should I wait to get a shorter Harley?? Or swoop on this one, since it's such a sweet deal? I suppose I could lower this one...

Can wait to ride with my old man!

Welcome to The Forum, you can put a low profile seat on and wear thick soled boots if you feel you are too short in the legs for this bike:s

Welcome aboard from Canada. Can't give any better advice than you've already got from the guys.

Back