free website stats program New Member. looking to learn all i can about the 89 Electra Glade I just got. | Harley Davidson Forums

New Member. looking to learn all i can about the 89 Electra Glade I just got.

Steve King

I got a 1989 Electra Glide . It runs an works great it had a fuel leak so I got a carb rebuild kit and started to take the carb off. This is when I noticed the plastic 90 the the fuel line attached to was creaked. I cant seem to fine any pictures of the carb that is on the bike now. So get a S&S super e you say, well they are out of stock every where. Any advice would be great thank You.

https://www.jpcycles.com/search/sea...ow&Ntk=All&SessionMotorcycleDimensionValueId=
Get one of the solid brass elbows as shown in the link. They usually have remove/install instructions with them. On a bike as old as yours, it is likely some (many) parts have been replaced with non-original, so careful identification of parts is very important. I suspect the link Joy listed was for "Ronnies Harley parts" which is an excellent source for parts diagrams. Problem is, they don't go back to '89 for your bike.

Back