free website stats program New Member intro & accessory question | Harley Davidson Forums

New Member intro & accessory question

BrianO

Hello to all,
Name is Brian from Southern NH and I'm riding an 07 Street Glide. This be my first post since joining several weeks ago.

I have a question in regards to reapplying speaker accent covers/grills I previously had on another bike. After removing them some time back, the adhesive was no good , so I peeled away from the accent covers.

Now I'm having a heel of a time trying to find something remotely close to the old 3M adhesive that was originally on the covers. Stuff I've used just doesn't seem to grab hold of the waterproof fabric covering the speakers. Covers vibrate off within a couple of hours of riding.

Has anyone had any experience with this problem and if so, what was the adhesive you used ?

Would it be possible to cut some velcro strips? I'm not sure how the covers attach but that might be an option.

That might be an option. Have to see if the adhesive backing on the velcro will stick the fabric covering the speakers.

Have tried to find some type of silicone adhesive, but not finding 1 that will hold chromed plastic to the waterproof fabric over the speakers.

Double sided 3M tape for car moulding.You will have to piece it into a circle.Get it Auto parts store.
Welcome from Wisconsin.

I agree with Harttoo on the 3M double sided tape or try the 3M windshield adhesive, they are both good products.
Welcome to the forum from Ohio.

Welcome aboard from Gulf Coast AL. There is also a product somewhat like the 3M but it is a foam double sided sticky used as door and window insulation, very sticky stuff @ Lowes & Home Depot

Thx for the welcoming all, very much appreciated. Looks like I'll be heading to my local auto parts store today or tomorrow. If the 3M tapes do the trick, that'll be gr8. I'll let you know. Thx for the help.

Back