free website stats program New Member from Western Missouri | Harley Davidson Forums

New Member from Western Missouri

Hey folks,

As a new member of this forum, I’d like to take a moment and introduce myself. My name is Jay (I’ve also been called many other names but those are stories for a different time) and I reside in Western Missouri. I currently own a 2014 Heritage Softail and am in the planning stages for a custom bobber build. I found a donor bike in Chicago a few years back and finally have the bucks to start doing something with it. The donor bike has a rigid wishbone frame (not sure if this it an original HD frame or not…still trying to figure that one out) which houses a 1973 FX 1200 Shovelhead attached to a 4-speed ratchet-top kicker. Engine runs (I kicked this thing for 4 hours one day before it started) and appears to have been modified but I’m not sure to what degree as yet. As soon as I figure out all the technical how-to for posting images to this site, I’ll post as-it-sits-now pictures and add others as the build progresses. Although I am a capable wrench, I’m sure I’ll need some technical direction from the membership in an attempt to avoid costly mistakes…..plus, I hate doing things twice. I’ve built muscle cars in the past but this is the first ground-up bike I’ve ever done, not to mention I’ve never disassembled a Shovelhead before. I’m also looking forward to reading opinions, general information and seeing what other member bikes look like.

Thanks to all for reading.

Back