free website stats program New Member from Oregon | Harley Davidson Forums

New Member from Oregon

dankisdea

Hey everyone. I am new to this site and new to HD Motorcycles. A little about myself, I Have been on a bike since i can remember. I started like most on a dirtbike and never looked back. I have had 4 street bikes including 2 Suzuki Intruders and i liked them all until my last Intruder/Volusia. I got the bike in 2012 after not riding on the road for the last ten years (still riding dirt though). I thought i liked the bike so i kept it. I rode it 2 up with my woman for 2 years and started to not like it AT ALL!!! I found that we only had about a 150 mile (round trip) range before our bodies paid the price. But i was being patient UNTIL our last trip. We rode from our home town about 70 miles south to the S.O.S. run (biker camp out). We rode down to hang out with our friends who were camping and to see the live band they had playing. After the band quit we had to return home. So we rode 70 miles home in the dark at a faster pace than i like (because it was late and we were tired). The next morning i could barley walk! So i said "Babe we are buying a Harley today". 6 hours later i was grinning ear to ear as i pulled out of the dealer on my new to me 2009 Road King Classic. It's been a month and we have put almost 1000 fun filled miles on it! I LOVE this bike:worthy and am wondering WHY i waited so stinkin long to get one! That's my story and i am happy to be apart of the HD group!!!

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

:good
Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pa.

There's nothing like a heavy bike that is a bagger.

Back