free website stats program New member and owner from NH | Harley Davidson Forums

New member and owner from NH

KenBratt

Hello. I joined this forum back in February after purchasing my first (and at this price probably my only) new Harley Davidson. I bought the 2012 Ultra Limited from a Florida dealer and had it shipped to AZ (long story as to why I did this, registered it in NH where I keep my permanent residence and which has no sales tax). Anyway, now have 3200 miles on it and am loving it more each day. I didn't do much for extras: back rest (which I have since taken off and am still trying to determine if I want it); rails around the saddle bags - why H-D didn't leave them on this model is beyond me since I would rather scratch them than my saddle bags); and a heavy duty cover. Took a road trip from Phoenix down to Tombstone, another from Phoenix up to Cortez, CO, and now am in the process of driving it back to NH over the next few weeks. Running better and better, especially since one of the service people at Buddy Stubbs H-D in Phoenix explained to me that 3k rpms seems to be the sweet spot for this bike (and it does, mileage increased and response is better). Looking forward to all the good info from this forum.
Ken

Welcome from South Dakota! Enjoy that new bike!

Thanks for the welcome. Just spent 3 days touring Mt Rushmore, Reptile Garden, Bear Country anf Jewel Cave. Gorgeous country. Unfortunately we did it in a cage. But fortunate to do it with grandchildren.
WAP.gif

Back