free website stats program new member 1st time Harley | Harley Davidson Forums

new member 1st time Harley

IAFF2407

Kids are grown up and moved out, time to get a bike again and it's been 25 years. I've owned most of the 80's superbikes but now I'm looking at a 2007 CVO Road King Screaming Eagle. 19,000 kms. It had the "product upgrade" done in 2010. not knowing the 110 motor well, i noticed that at the end of the one pipe I have discoloring. Is this maybe just a bad tuning or could it be valves?

Attachments

• IMAG0736.jpg
    IMAG0736.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 13
:wbs From the Rocky Mountains. What do you mean by discoloring? inside or outside of tail pipe? any mods other than the product upgrades? At 19,000 miles the valves should be fine.

Hi Jeff, from Langley, BC Canada. at the muffler end, one is clean shiny chrome, the other is golden, close to a very slight blue. I'll be with the bike later and will post a pick.
thx,
Al.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :ws

Last edited:
Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Kids are grown up and moved out, time to get a bike again and it's been 25 years. I've owned most of the 80's superbikes but now I'm looking at a 2007 CVO Road King Screaming Eagle. 19,000 kms. It had the "product upgrade" done in 2010. not knowing the 110 motor well, i noticed that at the end of the one pipe I have discoloring. Is this maybe just a bad tuning or could it be valves?

Check the case to cylinder interface; there have been issues with the 110" motor with leaks at the cylinder base. I would also suggest that if looking at touring models, look for '09 or later; many changes in '09 to those. Major frame change that is said to improve handling but I can't verify from personal experience having never ridden one.

I don't know what the asking price is but I suspect that you could buy a non CVO model, '09 or later, have a big bore kit installed with cams and a tune and it will run circles around the stock 110" CVO for less or about the same price..:s

Welcome to the forum.:D

The most notable of the '09 touring model changes were a frame upgrade and stiffer swing arm to improve handling and supposedly eliminate the dreaded "bagger wobble", 180 rear tire, gearing change as the previous years final drive was geared to tall and re-routing the rear cylinder exhaust to under the frame to remove a lot of heat from rider and passenger. Fuel tank capacity was increased from 5 to 6 gallons in 2008, so there is that to consider. The below link describes in more detail the changes in the '09 touring models.

2009 Harley-Davidson Touring Models Review - Motorcycle.com

Back