free website stats program New Heritage owner and Forum member | Harley Davidson Forums

New Heritage owner and Forum member

rgwatts1

Hi there!
I finally filled an item on my "bucket list" , buying a 2009 Heritage w/8000 miles on it last month. This is my first Harley- I haven't ridden at all since 1976- so I'm slowly coming up to speed.

I'd appreciate thoughts on what I might do to improve performance and sound, since it is completely stock. I don't want to sacrifice reliability, but just get a little louder sound, with a few more HP if possible.

Thanks much,
Bob (Florida)

Welcome to the forum! First thing to do is a stage one. Check out the self help section and use the search function at the top of the page. Should find enough reading to keep you busy for day's. Come back with specific questions. Also money well spent is on creature comfort items too.

Welcome to the best site there is! Just returned from 3 days and 989 miles on my 05 Heritage. Best looking old school bike there is. And in MHO very comfortable. Like Bodeen says read read read and learn learn learn. Stage One and then the sky's the limit. I am no expert but unless you go crazy you won't hurt reliability. But if you read too much on this site you will think your bike is going to blow up in the next mile or two. Don't worry just enjoy. By the way my bike is carbed with stage one and SS510 gear drives with 31000 and 20,000 on the gear drives. I change oil (mobil one) every 5,000. My goal is 100,000 then a rebuild and maybe a big bore.

Hi there!
I finally filled an item on my "bucket list" , buying a 2009 Heritage w/8000 miles on it last month. This is my first Harley- I haven't ridden at all since 1976- so I'm slowly coming up to speed.

I'd appreciate thoughts on what I might do to improve performance and sound, since it is completely stock. I don't want to sacrifice reliability, but just get a little louder sound, with a few more HP if possible.

Thanks much,
Bob (Florida)

Welcome to the forum! First thing to do is a stage one. Check out the self help section and use the search function at the top of the page. Should find enough reading to keep you busy for day's. Come back with specific questions. Also money well spent is on creature comfort items too.

Welcome to The Forum, I say ride it for a while and get used to it, then follow this advice you already have here form Bodeen:s

Do some riding and check and listen to other bikes, watch performance and ask questions. You get a first hand feel of what other people are doing to their ride. Some you will like and some you will not like. I found that is a lot better than reading about modifications.

The first thing I would do is attend a Motorcycle Safety Course and then do the Stage I. Welcome to the forum from southeastern CT.

Back